Our Long Awaited Return To Bali-Day 4

Andrew Hansen - Bali Hotel Pool

Day 4 of our Bali Holiday

Today we started the day off very boring but ended with a lot of action and excitement. We moved from “The Stones” to the “Sheraton”.

Once we were all checked in, it was time to check out the pool. We sat around the pool, relaxed, had a few drinks and some lunch. We didn’t have to be out until around 4:00 pm, so no rush.

Sheraton Pool

Drinks at Patrick’s Bar On Kuta Beach

We headed over the road to Patrick’s bar on Kuta beach for a few drinks to celebrate my nieces 21st birthday. That is the main reason we were in Bali.

We spent all afternoon over on the beach enjoying a drink or 3 with the locals, having massage’s and buying crap to bring home and never use again. Patrick’s wife (a local friend) purchased a cake for Caitlin, which I thought was nice as they don’t have a lot of money. The thing with the Balinese is family is everything to them.

At around 7:00 pm, they set off a heap of fireworks to celebrate her 21st. We had to get permission and pay the local security offices to allow this to happen.

Fireworks in Bali for Caitlin’s 21st Birthday

We all set off to Mexicola in Seminyak for dinner and more celebrations. Mexicola is a great Mexican restaurant that turns into a bit of a nightclub at around 9:30 pm. It was a great night, as you can see from the video below.

None of the videos has been edited. They are just straight off my phone, so the quality might not be the best—apologies in advance.

Singing Happy Birthday
Birthday celebrations at Mexicola

This was when the excitement started. We had a couple of local friends helping us celebrate Caitlin’s 21st. The problem is these guys don’t usually drink alcohol. They had been drinking all sorts from Bintang to tequila, and it got messy. One of the blokes got hot under the collar with a security person, so they were going at each other, the other local bloke tried to step in to help, and shit hit the fan. Us sober Aussies had to step in and break it up.

To make a long story short, we had to leave and get these blokes home. We had more drama on the way home as well. Our driver had a car crash and hit a taxi, damaging the front fender. The funny thing in Bali is they say they have insurance, but they seem to want to try and sort it out themselves on the side of the road.

The two drivers were going for it, hammer and tong. I wish I could have understood them. We were on the side of the road for a good hour, trying to get things sorted. In the end, I asked what the issue was. I found out they were arguing over 300,000 Indonesian Rupiah that’s equivalent to about AU$30. I couldn’t believe it, so I just paid him the money so we could get on our way as it was about 12:30 am.

We eventually made it safely back to the hotel. Our driver was pissed off because he didn’t think I should have paid the money. After all, he didn’t think he was in the wrong. I told him he hit the car and it was his fault, so accept it and get on with it.

Well, this is our last night in Bali. We are home tomorrow evening. Let’s see what tonight brings, maybe a night in Kerobokan prison.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. By browsing this website, you agree to our use of cookies.